Archival News Advisory
This is an outdated document posted for archival purposes. Click here for current news.
News Release Index
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
No. COC-Media Advisory-Fall Press Luncheon
October 18, 2013
News Media Invited to Fall Athletic Press Luncheon on Nov. 4
- Subject: College of the Canyons Fall Athletic Press Luncheon
- Time: 11 to 1:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4, 2013
- Place: College of the Canyons Valencia campus
- 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita
- Athletic Hall of Fame in the West Physical Education Building foyer
- Contact: Celina Baguiao, Sports Information Director, (661) 362-5494
- Event: College of the Canyons will host a fall athletic press luncheon to preview the remainder of the fall sports season and upcoming post-season games, while also kicking off the start of the men’s and women’s basketball seasons.
Selected student-athletes from each of the fall athletic programs, as well as their corresponding head coaches, will be available for interviews and photo opportunities, to discuss their team’s respective seasons and pending playoff scenarios.
Each of the fall sports teams -- men’s and women’s cross country, football, women’s golf, men’s and women’s soccer and volleyball -- are set to make a run into the 2013 playoffs, starting in early to mid-November.
In addition, the COC men’s basketball team opens its season on Nov. 8 at home at the annual two-day Clash at the Canyons. The women’s basketball team will travel to the three-day Mount San Antonio College (Mt. SAC) Tip-Off Tournament on the same day, where the Cougars will open up their season against the reigning state champions and tournament host Mt. SAC.
College of the Canyons currently supports 16 intercollegiate sports, with more than 300 student-athletes participating in the college’s athletic programs each year.
Over the college’s nearly 45 years of existence, COC student-athletes and teams have won a combined 22 state championships and two National Championships.
For more information about College of the Canyons athletics please visit www.COCAthletics.com.